Hi! I am a sophomore biochemistry and public policy dual-degree in the College Park Public Leadership Scholars Program. I'm interested in pursuing a future in sports medicine and orthopedic surgery, as well as working in the policy atmosphere to enact systematic change and improvement of our country's healthcare system. My policy interests also include education reform, hence why I'm really excited to be going on this trip! Additionally, for my Scholars colloquium project, my group and I will be working to improve student preparation for higher education by administering SAT workshops locally at Northwestern High School. I hope this trip provides some new perspective in the pursuit of equal educational opportunity, and can't wait to see where this journey takes us!
Hi, my name is Becca Chen. I'm a freshman biological sciences major in the Integrated Life Sciences honors program on the pre-health (undecided) track. I volunteered last semester at Charles Carroll Middle School as a part of my honors program service project, and currently volunteer as a tutor at Northwestern High School. These two experiences have exposed me to education issues in local communities. I'm excited for the opportunity to interact and learn from these students, as well as learn more about charter schools and the root causes of educational disparities. Thanks for reading!

Comments
Post a Comment